Well, this tip won’t quite change your life the way you might imagine, but it sure makes things easier!
How often do you type your email address while on your iPhone? How many email addresses do you have?
Did you know you can type your email address(es) just one more time on your iPhone and never do it again? Here’s how:
- Tap Settings, then General
- Scroll down, then tap Keyboard
- On the next screen, tap Text Replacement
- Tap + in the upper right
- Type in your email address in the Phrase box
- In the Shortcut box, type two or three letters that don’t ordinarily occur together. For instance, I use “gfm” for my email address.
- Tap Save, and you’re done!
Once you’ve saved this text replacement shortcut, you can type the shortcut into any text box (especially handy for login fields), then tap the spacebar to expand the shortcut into your email address. (You might have to also backspace to remove the space in some login fields.)
Use this feature to add shortcuts for other frequently-used phrases.